Forest School Leader training is designed for people who are interested in setting up and running their own Forest School.
The AIM Awards Level 3 Leader qualification is a nationally recognised qualification course approved by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It has been developed to give students an understanding of the principles and ethos of Forest School and the practical skills needed for running a Forest School programme. It is based on the principles and criteria for good practice set out by the Forest School Association and students attending the courses are expected to follow these principles.
The course covers:
- Forest School Programme and the Woodland Environment (3 credits)
- Planning a Forest School Programme (3 credits)
- Delivery of a Forest School Programme (3 credits)
- Learning and development of a Forest School Programme (6 credits)
- Practical skills for a Forest School Programme (3 credits)
Assessment for the course consists of a variety of evidence for your portfolio alongside practical assessments and an observation of your programme.
- Hold a level 3 qualification in childcare or a similar area of work or a teaching qualification. Consideration will be given to those from other sectors with experience of working with children and young people.
- Hold a current DBS (CRB) check.
- Hold a current first aid certificate, which includes paediatric elements (if appropriate) and outdoor elements (contact us for details if needed). This can be obtained during the training period if not currently held.
- Have an area of woodland or natural wooded environment that you have the landowner's approval to use to set up a Forest School site (evidence of this will be required on application to the course)
- Have a group of children or adults (maximum of 20 and minimum of 6) that can attend your programme. This needs to be a minimum of once a week for six weeks with the same core of participants attending each week. Sessions should be for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Have a minimum of 2 adults present during the Forest School sessions if working at your setting or 3 if working off your setting site.
- Be able to complete private study time of up to 120 hours.
- Be aged 21 or over.
Why choose us?
Our Tutors come from a variety of backgrounds and are all qualified and experienced in leading Forest School. Between us we have more than 20 years experience in leading Forest School sessions for learners from pre-school age through to adults.
We have been delivering training for over 15 years and as we have all seen the benefits that Forest School has on the people taking part we are passionate about passing this on to our students so they can get their learners involved.
Teaching days: 4 and 5 February , 11 and 12 February, 18 and 19 March 2021
Assessment days: 15 and 16 April, 27 and 28 May 2021
The price for the level 3 is £895
How to book
If you are interested in booking onto this training course please submit an enquiry form.
Submit an enquiry